Oak table with Flamant oak weather beaten finish
- Architect series by Flamant
- Dimensions: L 25.5 x W 23.75 x H15.75" (65 x 60 x 40cm) 21.4 lbs (9.7 kg)
- Net weight: 21.4 lbs (9.7 kg)
- The pieces in the Flamant Architect series are executed in a luxurious oak, handcrafted and hand-finished to obtain a weathered, timeless look. The linear design is inspired by industrial metal architecture of the belle époque and century-old artisan techniques and finish make for a piece that is both classic and modern.
- The modern lines of the table's design refer to the work of French engineer-architect Gustav Eiffel, known for his Eiffel Tower and bridges constructed from iron and steel.
- An exceptional demonstration of artisan woodworking, our Architect table is constructed through the use of the traditional technique of mortise and tenon joinery, [where individual pieces of the table are joined together by hitting a wooden pin into a hole]. The pin then expands and ensures a strong, tight fit. This way of constructing furniture is over a thousand years old and it can still be found in antiques and handmade furniture.The subtle outer visibility of the inserted pin lends character to the construction and makes for a truly timeless item.