Pillivuyt Plisse teapot
with it's pleated pattern is available in two sizes:
- Large 1.5 quart 6 servings
- Small 12 oz 2 servings
Each item in the Plisse line picks up the "pleating" that is considered a key part of French porcelain. Teapots require several stages of handwork. Handles are applied to the body of the cup or teapot manually. Liquid porcelain acts as the adhesive and the two pieces become one in the firing so handles will not crack or fall off.
- Excellent heat retention to keep coffee or tea warm at the table.
- Impenetrable glaze that will not craze.
- Pillivuyt is microwave, dishwasher and oven-safe, including broiling.
- Can be used on gas or electric burner with diffuser
- Resistant to thermal shocks. Pillivuyt products can withstand temperatures ranging from -15°F to +575°F (-25°C +300°C )
- Can go directly from freezer to oven or microwave
- May use on the grill
- Resistant to scratching and chipping
- Hygienic and easy to clean. The non-porous glaze ensures that the product will not absorb bacteria, tastes, or odours.
- Free of lead and cadmium
- Made in France.